REGULATIONS OF THE MOUSE GENOME ENGINEERING FACILITY (HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS "MGEF") ESTABLISHED UNDER THE PROJECT "MOUSE GENOME ENGINEERING FACILITY – GENERATION OF ANIMAL MODELS FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH AND PRECLINICAL STUDIES"
- MGEF has been established with support from the Foundation for Polish Science under the project entitled "Mouse Genome Engineering Facility – Generation of Animal Models for Biomedical Research and Preclinical Studies TEAM-TECH CORE FACILITY", as part of the Innovative Development Operational Programme.
- MGEF is an organisational unit within the Laboratory of RNA Biology of the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw supervised by Group Leader and TEAM-TECH CORE FACILITY Project Manager, prof. dr hab. Andrzej Dziembowski.
- MGEF has been established in order to render scientific services of generating mouse models for biomedical research and preclinical studies to be used by:
- Employees and doctoral students of the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw,
- Other entities whose main objective is to conduct scientific research,
- Commercial entities.
- MGEF employs top professionals in molecular biology and developmental biology and has access to highly-specialised scientific and research equipment operated only by a team of trained employees and doctoral students.
- MGEF operates on the basis of valid permissions from the Ethics Committee, while the staff working with bred animals (mice) have been individually licensed to perform specific procedures on animals.
- No person is allowed to use the equipment being at the disposal of MGEF without appropriate training.
- International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, on behalf of MGEF, provides the services under the relevant agreements:
- on access to the breeding area in a specialised Animal Lab that meets all the requirements defined in the Act on Protection of Animals used for Scientific or Educational Purposes of 15 January 2015 (Journal of Laws of 2015, item 266) and the Regulation of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development on minimum requirements that should be met by laboratories and minimum requirements of lab animal care of 14 December 2016 (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 2139);
- licence agreements on the use of patented CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
- The settlement of transactions connected with the activity of MGEF is controlled and approved by the Group Leader in compliance with the principles followed at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
- MGEF renders the services specified in § 1 sec. 3 of these Regulations.
- The services are rendered in compliance with applicable regulations, instructions from funding institutions and provisions set forth in the Agreement on Execution of the TEAM TECH CORE FACILITY Project.
- MGEF ensures equal access to the services for all potential recipients.
- In the case of external entities, MGEF renders services under market conditions.
- The performance of a service commences on the date of acceptance of an order confirmed via e-mail by an Employee of MGEF.
- The duration of service performance is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- MGEF offers a wide variety of genetic modifications in the mouse genome, including among others:
- Introduction of indel mutations in a desired locus in mice of genetic background F1(C57BL/6/TarxCBA/Tar) or C57BL/6/Tar;
- Introduction of site-specific deletion in a desired locus in mice of genetic background F1(C57BL/6/TarxCBA/Tar) or C57BL/6/Tar;
- Construction of knock-in mice of genetic background1(C57BL/6/TarxCBA/Tar);
- Construction of mouse lines expressing Cre recombinase in specific tissues;
- Introduction of site-specific point mutation: disease-related mutations, catalytic mutations, etc.;
- Generation of specific conditionally regulated allele, including conditional KO, in which place LoxP is introduced to introns surrounding significant exon of genetic background F1(C57BL/6/TarxCBA/Tar).
- Every service is priced individually by the Group Leader on the basis of a specific strain of mice to be selected, complexity of the service to be performed, working time to be devoted to it by individual employees of the MGEF. The basic price list is attached as Appendix no 1 to these Regulations.
- Settlements are made on the basis of VAT invoices issued to external entities after the receipt of the service or a placed order in the case of services rendered for internal recipients which are projects carried out by employees of the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
- Should the results achieved on the basis of the services rendered at MGEF be published, information on the location of service performance should be provided (e.g. “Research model by the Mouse Genome Engineering Facility of the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw…”).
- The Group Leader shall be responsible for training the staff of MGEF as regards equipment handling and security.
- The Group Leader shall be responsible for training the staff and/or shall have training provided to the staff performing procedures on animals.
- Should a service have a legal defect, MGEF shall render such service once more or – at its discretion – refund the cost of the service.
- MGEF waives all implied guarantees, including implied guarantees of marketability or fitness for specific purpose, or guarantees of non-violation of intellectual property rights.
- MGEF shall only be liable if any damage results from the Facility’s wilful act or gross negligence of staff performing the service and only up to the value of the actual loss, subject to sec. 5 below.
- The liability of MGEF shall be limited to the price of the service.
- The cost of transportation of the mice ordered, additional insurance costs, additional fees (e.g. custom duties) shall be borne by the Ordering Party.
- Considering the welfare of animals, MGEF reserves the right to suspend deliveries of animals in extreme weather conditions. Should this be the case, another delivery date will be agreed with the Ordering Party.
- Upon placement of an order, the Ordering Party accepts the Regulations of MGEF.
- The Parties undertake to solve any disputes resulting from or related to these Regulations amicably, in mutual negotiations.
- If the Parties fail to reach an agreement within 14 days from the onset of a dispute, it shall be solved by the competent court of law for the registered office of MGEF.
Appendix no 1
Basic price for mouse model is 20.000,00 PLN. Final price depends on a specific strain of mice to be selected, complexity of the service to be performed, working time to be devoted to it by individual employees of the Mouse Genome Engineering Core Facility.